A couple of weeks ago I received the CamelBak water bottle in the mail. Honestly, my first thought was, cool, a neat water bottle. Little did I know how much I would fall in love with it! Seriously, ask anyone who sees me on a daily basis and they will agree I always have it with me now. I LOVE it!
It's not just a water bottle, it's a portable filtration device... which means it literally filters the water as you sip it. You can refill it with tap water, no kidding. I'm about as picky as it gets with the taste of water. If water has the tiniest hint of an odd taste, I won't drink it. So the first time I tried water through the CamelBak, I was honestly worried that I wouldn't like it. But the water tastes fantastic! Without a doubt I am consuming more water each day than I was before I had the CamelBack Groove. Both my boys now want one and we'll be getting those next chance I get.
I could go on and on about the benefits of a re-usable water bottle, we all know them... consuming those disposable water bottles is not good for the environment but in an effort to improve health drinking water is one of the best things you can do. It's a tough balancing act. Think about it... how many water bottles do you drink in a week? Multiply that by 52 (weeks), now by how old you are... now do that for each member of your family. It's a dizzying thought!
Here are some fun facts about the Groove water bottle:
- Gives consumers great tasting, freshly filtered water anywhere they go in the only reusable bottles designed and proven to help people stay better hydrated.
- Bite valve proven to help you drink up to 24% more (recent Pepperdine University study). It’s the same bite valve used by astronauts!
- Comes in a sleek, long-lasting durable .6 liter bottle made of BPA-free Tritan plastic or stainless steel.
- Now available nationwide for a SRP of $25 (Tritan) and $35 (stainless steel). Replacement filters are available for a SRP of $10 for two filters and $25 for six.
Sold on a CamelBak Groove yet? I've got TWO Tritan Grooves (just like the one pictured above, note that it also comes in pink) to giveaway to two lucky readers! So here's what you have to do...
The giveaway will go until May 10th at 11:59pm and is only open to residents of the contiguous U.S. When leaving comments, be sure I have a way to contact you, I reserve the right to pick another winner if I am not able to contact the winners in a reasonable amount of time. The two winners will be picked using Random.org.
Mandatory first entry:
- Tell us how many disposable water bottles you would save each year by using a CamelBak Groove in a comment below.
Bonus entries (allowed one entry for each of the following):
- Follow CamelBak on their Twitter or Facebook accounts
- Follow OCMomActivities on Facebook or Twitter
- Tell us an adventure you'd take ans where you'd fill up your Groove (this entry is allowed once per day per person... be creative and have fun with it!)