Elmo is back!
Sesame Street Presents: The Body Exhibit is returning to the Discovery Science Center January 29th to May 1st, 2011. If you didn't have the chance to check it out last year, be sure to stop by and explore the Body exhibit where you and your child can learn about activities that promote a healthy lifestyle.
1. How You Work – Whether you are exercising, playing, dancing or even sleeping, your body is always hard at work. In “How You Work,” kids can learn how the heart and different muscles work as they pump, row or run in “Rosita’s Locomotion” and boogie along with Grover in “Grover’s Dance Party,” a groovy disco.
2. Your Insides – “Your Insides” is an exploration of what goes on inside the body. Activities include the “Count’s Organ Organ,” which musically teaches kids about their internal organs’ locations and functions; “Digestion with Oscar,” a display that shows kids what happens to food when they eat it; and “Oscar’s Sneeze Machine,” where children pull a lever to irritate a big nose that actually sneezes on them!
3. Your Outsides – Children learn to identify different body parts, learn what they do, and explore the many ways they can put them to use. Exhibits include “Your Wonderful Hands,” featuring puzzles, sign language games, shadow puppets and more; “Your Legs and Feet,” an interactive exhibit that shows what happens when you put your legs in motion; and “Use Your Head”, a play-along question and answer game show about the parts of the head.
4. Staying Healthy – Learn how eating healthy foods, staying clean, and getting plenty of physical activity as well as sleep can help the body stay healthy. Ernie and Rubber Ducky get kids started in “Rub-A-Dub Tub,” a silly game that shows them just how much fun staying clean can be. Then it’s on to “Mr. Hooper’s Store,” where children scan groceries and learn specific messages about how different healthy meals are good for their bodies, and “Baby Bear’s Mini Mart,” a toddler-sized activity area where children can stock up on a variety of healthy foods.
Best part? Two lucky of my lucky readers will win VIP passes to attend Elmo's Birthday party on February 3rd! It is a private event and will feature Elmo's birthday cake from Sensitive Sweets (gluten-free, soy-free and allergy free). The event will be from 6-8pm at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. Ready to enter?
The giveaway will go until January 20th at 11:59pm and is only open to residents of the contiguous U.S. When leaving comments, be sure I have a way to contact you, I reserve the right to pick another winner if I am not able to contact the winners in a reasonable amount of time. I will need to get your information before January 21, 2011. The two winners will be picked using Random.org.
Mandatory first entry: Post a comment below.
Other ways to enter:
- Subscribe to email feed or other feed subscription for OCMomActivities.com (or if you already are, just say that in a comment)
- Become a Fan of Discovery Science Museum or OCMomActivities on Facebook (say so if you already are)
- Follow Discovery Cube or OCMomActivities on Twitter (1 extra entry each)
- Mention/link this giveaway in a blog post or tweet about it (1 extra entry each allowed once per day until the giveaway ends)
- Go comment on another post on OCMomActivities.com then come back and comment on this one saying you did it (this is an unlimited number of extra entries as long as you do the extra commenting!)